Campus Directory Gets Online Overhaul
Replaces print and old online directoriesFriday, February 01, 2013
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas launched a new online campus directory this week that makes it easier to find contact information for students, faculty and staff.
“This directory is a leap forward for the university community,” said Chris Nixon, director of digital design and development for university relations. “Users can find the contact information they want, whether it’s for an individual or a department, with a simple search.”
The new directory improves on the existing directory site, which went live in 2000, by offering:
- Directory information for both individuals and departments.
- Integration with the new campus map.
- Direct download of contact information.
- Support for smartphones and other mobile devices.
- More intuitive navigation.
Work on the new campus directory began in June 2011. The U of A stopped printing a campus directory book that same year. The university will save an estimated 28 tons of paper over five years by not printing a campus directory.
Chris Nixon, director, digital design and development
Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations
News by Keyword
- Administrative News
- Arts & Humanities
- Awards & Appointments
- Business & Economics
- Distance Education
- Diversity & Multiculturalism
- Greek Life
- Health, Fitness& Nutrition
- Law and Justice
- Politics & Social Sciences
- Research & Innovation
- Sustainability & Environment
- University Press
- Entertainment & Cultural Events
- Home, Family & Style
- Intramurals & Recreation
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Points of Pride